2018 has been quite the year! I am not a fan of the concept of picking a word to inspire oneself for an entire year (how can one word be an inspiration for365 individual days??). So I had a few thought to share that may be of value to you as you look forward to a joyous 2019 . . .
· Life is not about the things, but about the moments!
· How often do you hear the old adage that life is short, so live each day as your last? I’m sorry to say that until lately I did not adhere to these words. But I now know truer words have not been spoken. So . . . don’t wait, don’t hesitate and don’t even think twice . . . take a car, boat, airplane or train to wherever your family resides and spend time with them. Don’t get hung up on conviction or the selfish stance that everyone needs to visit you, but make the decision that time with family is everything. There may not be a tomorrow!
· Tell everyone who is close to you how much you love them, each and every day. Make sure they never go a single day ever doubting that they are loved or that someone is proud of them.
· Relish each and every moment you have to be with the ones you love. Do not let greed and money be your driver as at the end of the day neither of these will bring you happiness. Never chose a work demand over a family obligation.
· Shed your anger, your bias, your animosities and have a forgiving heart. Can you honestly say you have lived a perfect life without ever having said something you regret or spoken out of anger or ignorance, or done something in your younger life that you wished you could redo? Don’t hold grudges or base your opinions on past actions. Make yours a compassionate heart and forgive!
· Don’t judge others least you be judged yourself. There is only one perfect entity in the world and you are not it. Each of us has faults so don’t throw stones at glass houses. Instead embrace the individuality of each person and be an encourager and supporter.
· Do not let your ego and pride become the basis of your decision-making.
· Yes . . . your life is important to you, but true living is not about just you. Don’t be selfish with your time, your affection or your actions. Instead of pushing the agenda of your life, ask someone else about their life, their issues, their passions and their pains. Do what you can to be there for them.
· Remember that your family is not just the immediate relatives in your life, but a far-reaching circle of people who can use your support.
· Communication is key to everything in life – honest, heartfelt and gracious communication. Tell others how you feel keeping in mind that sensitivity is utmost in your delivery. And certainly don’t discuss your issues with others if you haven’t spoken to the person you have the issues with first.
Here’s Wishing ALL Of You a Joyous, Prosperous and Blessed New Year!